Monday, June 28, 2010

Sheet Music and Music Blog

        I have been playing a lot of piano lately, and while being fed up with deciphering Zelda songs on my own, I happened to stumble upon an amazing blog by a Californian musician, Aivi Tran. According to herself, she is a self-taught, school-refined and freelance composer, who has "soft spot for video game music". She is a great pianist, who is adept at transcribing music to sheet. I found in her blog a real treasure of sheet music from some of my favourite video games, such as Zelda, Super Mario Galaxy and Final Fantasy. She's also added demonstrative videos for most of it, and I must say that her level is far above mine (though that does not say much, as I have never pretended to have more than an acceptable level). It is just a shame that most of it is a bit above my level, so even after an eight-hour marathon of Piano playing, I still have a long way to go before mastering pieces such as "Castle" and "Zora's Domain", both from Zelda.
       I have taken the liberty of adding the first page of "Zora's Domain", just to show how amazingly complicated it turned out to be. For the rest, I highly recommend visiting her blog, Waltz for Luma (I intend to ask her what it means).



Ps. I found out what Luma means" Beside being a plant and a species of tree, it is the star-shaped thingies from Super Mario Galaxy. You can see one flying to the right of Mario by exploring the latter link.

No comments:

Post a Comment