Monday, August 9, 2010

Waiting for Faith: On Arpeggios

          I never thought I would post something where I'd excuse myself for not posting more often - so I won't. I do, however, feel the need to explain that, though I try to write something every two weeks, there has been a hiatus due to the fact that the PC on which I wrote the draft for "Faith - Part II" went 'bye-bye'. I have not been able to access it for around two weeks, but I can now, so the next post will be published in a few days.

          While I have your attention, I feel the need to remark that, as a pianist, I really abhor arpeggios. They sound nice, but they are really difficult to master, and they are everywhere. They exist in a million variations too, so one has to learn them all over. Every. Single. Time. I thought I had had the worst of it, but that was until I decide to partake "Lugia's Song", a really beautiful piece from the second Pokémon movie. They seem simple enough, but they are divinely awful to play.
          I might exaggerate, but I do not like, to learn, arpeggios. I will master these too eventually, but in the meantime, they are my worst enemy.

3 comments:

  1. The only thing I can do is wish you Good Luck!!
    Gambatte!
    As much as we hate them, we can't help but fall in love with those arpeggios,ne?
    Practice makes you better^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably the first and last time I'll be happy I don't play the piano... I just think they're pretty. <3

    Also yay!
    And also that title was crazy inviting. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got all the 11 pokémon movies!

    ReplyDelete